Empowering Women: Piece & Co.
















Earlier in June, I was lucky enough to spend a few hours downtown Chicago with the start-up fashion company Piece & Co. One of their professional staff members was an Arizona alumni so she brought me in and introduced me to all the staff! I got to sit with everyone individually and learn about their role in the company. It taught me a lot not only about Piece & Co. itself but how a start-up is run, and how hectic it is too! I also really enjoyed talking to the Arizona alum because I could ask her questions about handling the workload of the business school, and how to step out of my box when it comes to making connections with fellow students and staff members. 

Piece & Co. initially attracted me because of their mission. I may have said they are a start-up fashion company but they're so much more. The company provides jobs to female artisans all over the globe by buying and selling their craft, usually specially designed fabric, to bigger fashion brands in the U.S. One of their biggest successes was their collaboration with Nordstrom and some of the well-known fashion designers sold there, such as Tory Burch and Rebecca Minkoff. Check out their website where you can find more information on their mission and where their products are sold!

On my way out of the office, they were nice enough to give me the fabric clutch/tablet sleeve in the photos above. I knew instantly that I wanted to put it with an outfit and blog about it! This print was created in Guatemala and I think it's beautiful. Since I wanted to highlight the bag, I chose a simple relaxed white shirt and black shorts, along with some simple gold jewelry for a look that looks put together but is actually really comfortable.

I only hope the best for Piece & Co. in the years to come! What they're doing to empower women all over the world is so inspirational. I hope it opens up the eyes of bigger companies to reach out to these smaller companies to work together to create a better tomorrow for those women across the globe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello : August

San Diego Vibes

Black & Green in Lake Geneva