Summer Adventures: Amelia Island













My next summer adventure took me to Amelia Island, Florida. A cute little town way up in the northeast corner of the state, just a swim away from Georgia. Almost every day consisted of going to the beach and getting some sun. It was a rather easy task considering the vacation house looked out right over the Atlantic ocean, making the walk to the beach about one minute. 

One can only be a beach bum for so long before realizing it's probably time to venture out away from the beach. That led to other activities that included scooter/moped rental, a visit to Fort Clinch State Park, and a boat tour of the inlet river. The boat tour was my personal favorite because we got to see wild horses, a 3 foot alligator, and dolphins! Seeing an alligator kind of just completed the Florida trip, in my mind. 

The last day out we finally were able to catch a sunset that wasn't covered by a huge cloud. It was gorgeous and a great farewell to our week on Amelia. I haven't a had a true summer vacation like this in a few years, so I'm really glad I was able to make it out there and enjoy a truly relaxing week on the beach. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello : August

San Diego Vibes

Black & Green in Lake Geneva